Tuscan White Bean Soup
(Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions)
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup matchstick carrots, diced
- 1 bag pre-washed fresh spinach
- 4 Beef Bouillon cubes
- 1 jar (26 oz) Classico Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions sauce
- ½ cup Kendal Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay wine
- 2 can (19 oz) cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked ditalini noodles, or other small pasta (optional)
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat for one minute; add the ham and carrots and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add bouillon cubes and 3 cups of hot water.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the ditalini pasta. Lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Classico pasta sauce, wine and bag spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans and cook for additional 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.