Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 tablespoons stir-fry oil, separated
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced medium
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- ½ cup onion, diced medium
- ½ tablespoon Gourmet Garden® Squeeze Garlic
- ¼ cup Flip Flop® White Wine
- 1 bottle Kikkoman® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 can diced pineapple is water, drained
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Toasted sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat for one minute. In the mean time, season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the hot skillet and swirl to coat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside.
- Return the skillet to high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the pepper and onion and sauté for one minute. Add the squeeze garlic and sauté for 30 seconds (being careful not to let it burn). Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce, diced pineapple and pepper flakes. When simmer returns, return the chicken to the skillet and cook; stirring often for 3 minutes; or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately over rice and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted almonds (optional).