Steak Au Poivre with Tomato & Corn Salad
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cracked pepper (which means au Poivre)
- 4 of your favorite steaks
- 1 Tablespoons Private Selection olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kroger butter
- 1/3 Cup Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz-Cabernet wine
- 1/4 Cup Private Selection balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Kroger honey
- Pat the steaks dry and coat both sides with the cracked pepper, pressing to adhere.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat for one minute. Add the oil and steaks and sear for 2 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium low and continue to cook, turning often until done to your preference. Transfer the steaks to a clean plate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine and vinegar. Return the pan to medium heat and simmer to reduce liquid by 1/2. Turn off the heat and whis kn honey and butter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and pour over the steaks.
Tomato & Corn Salad
- 4 Florida tamatoes, seeded and diced.
- 1 Cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Private Selection olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Gourmet Garden squeeze basil
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese
- Combine the corn and diced tomatoes in a bowl. In another bowl, add the vinegar, squeeze bazil, and the oil.
- Whisk to combine the dressing. Pour dressing over tomatoes and corn and add the feta cheese.
- Toss to combine.