Standing Rib Roast
- 1 rib roast, 3-4 pounds - ribs intact
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden® Squeeze Garlic
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Cajun's Choice® Blackened Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, diced small
- 1 can beef broth; 14 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Estancia® Caberne Sauvignon or Mirtage Wine.
- In a medium size bowl combine the mustard, squeeze garlic and blackened seasoning. Rub the mustard mixture over all sides of the roast. Place the roast in a baking pan; rib bones down.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare; or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (150 degrees for medium). Remove the roast to a carving board and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Prepare the au jus by heating a saucepan over medium high heat for one minute. Add the oil and shallots and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the beef broth and wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve with the rib roast.
Enjoy with Estancia Cabernet Sauvignon or Meritage wine.