Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced fine
- 1 tablespoons cilantro, chopped medium
- Salt to taste
- 1 lime, seeded and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Xagave® All Natural Sweetener
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Shredded cheese
- Cabbage, sliced this (as if for slaw)
- Place all of the ingredients for the mango salsa in a large bowl and toss. Place in the refrigerator. Can be made a day ahead.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for one minute. In the mean time, season the shrimp to taste with the salt and pepper. Add the oil and seasoned shrimp to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the lime juice to the shrimp and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and grill for 1 minute per side. Top the tortillas with the cheese for the last 30 seconds of grilling. Place tortillas on serving plates and top with the shrimp, mango salsa and slaw.