Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 2 Salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
- Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Gourmet Garden squeeze garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Estancia Pinot Noir wine
- 1 Ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice (1/2 of a lime)
- Season the salmon fillets with the blackening seasoning. Add the oil to a hot skillet and add the seasoned salmon fillets. Bronze the salmon for one minute per side and lower the head to medium. Pull off the skin and continue to cook until just done.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the garlic and wine. Swirl the salmon fillets around the pan and until liquid is evaporated (about 30 seconds). Place the fillets on serving plates.
- Combine the diced mango, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and stir well. Serve with the salmon fillets.
Wine Recommendation: Estancia pinot noir