Pork Tenderloin Skewers
with Honey Wine BBQ Sauce
- 2 Pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 Cup onions cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 Cup bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skewers
Honey Wine BBQ Sauce
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Chateau St. Jean Merlot wine
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Make the honey BBQ sauce by combining all ingredients into a medium size sauce pot and bring to simmer over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Place in a ceramic coffee mug for easy handling at the grill.
- Thread the pork, onions and peppers onto the skewers in an alternating fashion. Spray the skewers with the cooking spray and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for 4 minutes per side, or until the pork is just cooked through. Brush with the honey wine BBQ sauce for the last minute of grilling. Serve with remaining sauce.
Enjoy with a glass of Chateau St. Jean Merlot.