Pilsner Steak and Ale
- 1 New York Strip steaks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Medium white onion, sliced
- 1 Cup Peroni beer
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. In the mean time, rub 1 tablespoon of the oil on the steak and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Repeat this on the second side of the steak.
- Place one tablespoon of the oil in the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the seasoned steak in the hot skillet and bronze for two minutes. Turn the steak and bronze the second side for two minutes. Reduce the heat to Medium low and continue to cook steak; turning every minute until done to your liking. Remove the steak and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Reheat the same skillet over medium high heat and add the sliced onions. Sauté the onions until caramelized (about 4 minutes). Add beer and simmer until liquid is reduced by 75%. Add the butter and swirl until melted. Serve over the steak.
Enjoy with a glass of the Pilsner Urquell or Peroni beer.