Pan-Seared Steak with Sweet Potato Delight
- 2 Steaks, trimmed
- Olive oil, for brushing steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Sterling Vintner's Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Heat you skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes. In the meantime, brush the steaks with oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the steaks to the hot skillet and sear for one minute per side. Lower the heat to medium and continue to cook, turning often until done to your preferences. Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ad the wine. Return pan to burner and reduce wine by 75%. Add the butter and swirl to incorporate. Serve the sauce with the steaks.
Sweet Potato Delight
- 3 North Carolina sweet potatoes, peeled and diced medium
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Boil or steam the diced sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain off water and add the butter and nutmeg. Mix well with a spoon of electric beater.