Blackened Steak with Blue Cheese Wine Sauce
- 2 Of your favorite steaks
- Cajuns Choice blackened seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ Cup Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet wine
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat for two minutes. In the mean time, rub all sides of the steak with the olive oil and season to taste with the blackening seasoning.
- Add a few drops of oil to the hot skillet, and swirl to coat. Add the steak to the skillet and sear for one minute per side. Turn heat to med-low and continue to cook the steak; turning every other minute until desired doneness.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine and blue cheese. Wait until wine has finished steaming before placing pan back on the burner. Simmer until liquid has evaporated; turning a few more times to coat well. Remove the steak from the pan and let them rest for five minutes before serving.
Enjoy with a glass of Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.