Atlantic Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 2 Ripe mangos, peeled and diced small
- 2 Tablespoons Gourmet Garden squeeze cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 Atlantic salmon fillets, 6 oz. each
- Cajun's Choice blackened seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Meridian Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Make the mango salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Can be made a day ahead.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat for one minute. In the mean time, season the salmon fillets to taste with the blackened seasoning. Add the oil to the hot skillet and swirl to coat. Add the seasoned salmon fillets and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Lower the heat to medium low. Pull the blistered skin from the fillets and continue to cook; turning often until just done.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine and butter. Turn the filets to coat all sides and serve immediately.
Enjoy with a glass of Meridian Pinot Grigio wine.