Wine Glazed Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
- 4 steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Campo Viejo® Garnacha
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley, stems removed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for one minute. In the meantime, season the steaks to taste with salt and pepper. Add one tablespoon oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the steaks and sear for 2 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium low and continue to cook: turning every minute until done to your liking. Remove the steaks to a plate and set aside.
- Remove the same pan from the heat and add the wine. Return the pan to the heat and simmer until wine is reduced by 75%. Whisk in the butter until melted and pour sauce over resting steaks.
- To make the chimichurri sauce, add the parsley and garlic to a food processor and pulse until chopped medium fine. Place the parsley and garlic mixture to a bowl and add the salt, vinegar and oil. Stir to combine. Serve on or next to the steaks.
Enjoy with a glass of Campo Viejo Garnacha wine.